Camp George Retreat Centre
Camp George has gained recognition as a wonderful off-season getaway. Nestled on the shores of Maple Lake, the Camp George Retreat Centre boasts a magnificently wooded setting just over 2 hours from Toronto and 20 minutes from Parry Sound. Whether you have a group of 50 or 200, our facility is an ideal location for school programs, leadership conferences, weddings, university and youth group retreats, senior citizen gatherings and more. Our retreat centre is open in late Summer, Fall, and Spring months.
Enjoy the beauty of Ontario all year round. Our kosher style kitchen, offers a large selection of great-tasting menu items. In the spring and fall months, our facility includes a ropes course, outdoor fire pits, basketball and tennis courts, and a supervised waterfront. Be sure to have a look at the numerous other activities and facilities we have to offer.
Weddings & Events
Book Your Event
Our retreat centre is ideal for:
- School programs, corporate groups, non profits, leadership conferences, university and youth group retreats, senior citizen gatherings and more
- Groups ranging in size from 50 – 250 people
- Multiple gathering spaces both indoor and outdoor for your programming needs
- Both hotel style lodging and communal cabins
- Access to camp activities including: ropes course, waterfront, and sports
- Full-service catering offering a large selection of great-tasting nutritious menu items
We hope you will join us in experiencing the magic at the Camp George Retreat Centre.
Camp George is a unique and unforgettable setting to host your wedding. Check out our blog for the Top 10 Reasons To Get Married At Camp.
Our wedding package includes:
- Full-service catering with delicious food to suit your tastes and dietary preferences.
- Overnight lodging in both private rooms and communal cabins
- Use of our outdoor chapel with seating for 400 guests underneath a grove of pine trees (rain option available)
- Use of our activity areas including basketball, tennis, ropes course, waterfront, and more
- Dedicated facilities manager to oversee food service, accommodations, and site usage
We just had the most amazing destination wedding experience at Camp George. The outdoor amphitheater style wedding venue facing the lake amidst the autumn leaves was magical. The accommodations were clean and modern and Chef Sam’s food was so much better than the “camp food” everyone was expecting. Dietary concerns were not only respected – the chow was yummy! Best roasted root vegetables ever:) The staff of 10 for our group of 80+ was terrific – everyone brought a can-do attitude to their work and ensured the happiness of each and everyone of the guests. Camp George’s ropes course is one of the best in Ontario. The brand new Pavilion is beautiful and was the perfect gathering place for our singing circle. Even the lake temperature was decent for mid October – I very much enjoyed my swim. Thank you to the crew! – Marty
We are so happy with our decision to have our wedding at Camp George. Planning was very easy with the support of Camp George’s staff. They were communicative and supportive from start to finish and ensured that the vision we had for our wedding weekend was met. – Sarah and Jesse
Camp George was the perfect place for our wedding! The staff at camp George were professional and hardworking, making sure the food was delicious and plentiful and everyone was comfortable. There is nowhere better I could have imagined having our wedding. We highly recommend!! – Ayla & Jared
The Camp George staff was AMAZING. They were always available to discuss everything from guest arrivals, to luggage transportation, to audio/visual needs. It couldn’t have gone any better, and will be a weekend we’ll never forget! – Adam & Whitney
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org