This week we have fun Passover inspired recipes and activities to make the holiday at home extra special. We hope you enjoy these tasty treats and crafts for your Seder table. Wishing you a chag sameach from all of us at Camp George!
Don’t forget to check out what’s happening around our community and join in on our congregation’s virtual programs.
Decorate Cup for Elijah
During the Seder, we put out a cup for Elijah the prophet. This is the 5th cup of wine as we sing Eliyahu ha’Navi. Decorate this ceremonial cup and showcase it on your Passover table for everyone to admire!
Option 1 – String Wrapping
- Wrap different colour string around a wine glass covering all the glass
- To secure the string to the glass use craft glue
- (Optional) glue colourful beads to the outside of the string to make it more majestic
Option 2 – Stain Glass Tissue Paper
- Cut out small shapes using multi-coloured gift wrap tissue paper. The shapes can be squares, rectangles, triangles, long strips or anything!
- Use a glue stick to glue the shapes directly to the wine glass. Overlap the tissue paper on the edges to make a new colour
- Make sure the entire glass is covered by tissue paper on the outside
- Put it in front of a window or a bright light to see the colours shine through
Or combine both string and tissue paper together on one wine glass!
- Wine glass
- Colourful string
- Glue stick
- Multi-coloured tissue paper
Margarita Matzah Pizza
This is a super easy to make and delicious recipe for lunch, dinner, or a snack. Feel free to follow the recipe or get creative with your own toppings!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread cheese on the matzah (this protects the crunchiness of the matzah)
- Bake it for a few minutes then remove from the oven
- Add tomato sauce then add toppings including garlic, oregano, basil, mozzarella
- Bake for 5-7 minutes and enjoy
1 piece matzah
⅛ cup tomato sauce
¼ cup shredded mozzarella
⅛ teaspoon dried garlic
⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
5 slices fresh mozzarella or more shredded mozzarella
A fan favourite for Passover! This is a recipe you do not want to miss.
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Beat egg whites for approximately 9 minutes in an electric mixer (or by hand if you don’t have one) – to learn how to separate egg whites, watch this video
- Then continue to beat the egg whites for another 3-4 minutes as you slowly add the sugar.
- Beat in salt and vanilla. Stir in the coconut.
- Scoop heaping teaspoons of mixture and drop onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and then turn oven off. Leave macaroons in oven overnight or for about 9 hours.
- In the morning, remove macaroons from cookie sheets!
We will be back next week with more awesome at home activities! Chag sameach!